How To Spot the Best Restaurants
Finding the best restaurants to satisfy your cravings without necessarily coughing up a hole in your bank account can be a bit stressful especially if you’ve just moved in to an unfamiliar place. It can become a daunting task to locate a new city’s food secrets that not only satisfy your food heart but also satisfy your budget.
Sometimes, relying on the yellow pages to locate the best restaurants in town can be very disappointing as it does only give you more questions. You only have a restaurant’s number or a picture of it exterior so you only decide from that whether you think it has a potential to make the cut or not.
Things to Look For In A Good Restaurant
You will find that the best restaurants share some common traits that make them great in the first place. Acquiring such a knowledge in restaurants will help you greatly in your quest to discovering the best restaurants in town.
1. Cleanliness is of paramount importance. Check out the restroom as you wait for your food or if you are waiting for a table. If the restrooms don’t pass the cleanliness test, then it is highly likely the kitchen shares the same unclean state so flee while you still can.
2. Parking spaces are important for an establishment like restaurants and should be orderly. If you find trash strewn across the parking space or outside the restaurant then its management pays little regard to proper waste disposal and that is a bad thing.
3. If you find a sea of people trying to get inside the restaurant then that’s one of the best indications that they have great food and service.
4. Servers in a restaurant should not only be able to remember what you have ordered but should also posses a friendly and welcoming aura.
5. A restaurant’s design could make or break its appeal so have a look around and see if it’s as welcoming as its staff. A cluttered space can induce a sense of stress and panic in you so avoid restaurants that don’t have semblance of order.
6. If you have a restaurant’s contact number, give them a call if their establishment is child friendly should you have little ones you would like to bring along. You’ll find that there are a few restaurants that do not allow children in.
7. As soon as you enter a restaurant, you are normally handed a menu by the host or hostess that greets you so as if you aren’t treated to one. Tell the host or hostess that you are new in town and need to know what they are offering. The host or hostess should be able to hand you menus for you and your companions immediately and be able to answer all your queries like recommendations and prices.
Having all the aforementioned knowledge should be able to help you make a decision whether or not a place is good. If you’re looking to find a restaurant with a theme, then it will be easier to narrow down and locate such places. You can always look into reviews made by legit critics to help you make your choice.